The last thing on your mind when enjoying your time in paradise is when to pressure wash your vacation house. Yet, the very appeal of Jupiter Island – its unique position nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Indian River – necessitates washing the outside of your house.
Before deciding, “should you power wash your house” or “should you pressure wash your house”, let’s clarify the two. Both cleaning processes work in the same way, the only difference being that the water is heated for power washing and cold for pressure washing. The knowledgeable team at Florida Estate Management will be able to advise you which option is best for your home.
How Often Should You Pressure Wash Your Vacation House?
Have you ever witnessed pressure washing – the removal of dirt and grime and the sparkling results in stark contrast? Then you will no doubt have felt the accompanying surge of dopamine. Perhaps you have even become addicted to the rewarding activity! (Or are we just giving away TMI about our maintenance and cleaning obsession?😄)
The fact is, however, that this is an instance where you can have too much of a good thing. Utilizing high pressure for a thorough clean can also cause damage – even by specialist technicians using top equipment. Delicate finishes such as sidings are particularly vulnerable, as is any poorly maintained or low-grade surface. To avoid possible damage, you must carefully consider how often to pressure wash your vacation house.
When Is The Best Time To Pressure Wash Your House?
So, how often should you power wash your vacation house to get the best clean possible? Here are five criteria to bear in mind when deciding when to pressure wash your house:
- The climatic conditions of Palm Beach County include high relative humidity (especially as we head towards September), summer highs of around 92°F, and significant rain June through September. This combination is heaven for mold, mildew, and algae – increasing the need for pressure washing.
- The health of your family is one of the most important reasons to add power washing to the estate management services for your vacation home. The spores of mold and algae commonly found on the exterior of buildings are serious hazards for those suffering from asthma or other respiratory illnesses.
- Local conditions such as pollution increase the need to pressure wash your dwelling. Although Juniper Island does not experience high vehicle traffic, being a barrier island, the salty sea air and moisture can cause corrosion and rust to your valuable assets. The high pressure of power washing removes salt and cleans difficult stains off exterior surfaces – from your walls, roof, and driveway to your lawn furniture, grill, boats, and golf carts.
- Home projects and renovations on the horizon? Pressure cleaning beforehand aids in the smooth and good adhesion of paint.
- When appearance matters – be that prior to putting your non-primary home on the market, or when it simply is not looking up to par. ⛳️
Why You Should Power Wash A House?
There are three common reasons homeowners pressure wash or power wash their properties.
- First, personal pride in the appearance of your home dictates that curb appeal be high and unsightly grime and slime be low.
- Next, many HOAs regulate the state of roofs, sidings, and so on.
- Finally, pressure washing is a form of preventative maintenance that thwarts problems like water damage and wood rot.
Pressure Washing Services In Jupiter Island
Now that you have established when is the best time to power wash your house, let FEMS add this to the estate management service for your vacation home. When we clean your residence prior to arrival power washing can be done when required. Contact Florida Estate Management Services to find out more about when to pressure wash your vacation house.