Have you ever wondered why owners of properties that are not rentals make use of a property management services company? What would be the benefits and ROI?
Perhaps, from the very beginning, you chose not to rent out your non-primary residence. Or it happened that you rent it out because it made financial sense, only to feel like a stranger in your own home whenever you visited afterwards. With years of property management experience, we have come across a large number of vacation homes that are not merely investment properties, but private alternative dwellings.
There will always be a security concern when you leave a house empty for several months. An unoccupied property is prone to petty crime and vandalism at least, theft of copper plumbing pipes, roof tiles, and even water heaters at worst. What’s more, if no one comes and goes on a regular basis and there is an issue, no one will notice and rectify it in a timely manner.
We like to assume that these things don’t happen in the exclusive regions of South Florida. Or that if they did, a good neighbor would step up and help. Regrettably, though, with an increased number of vacant residences in popular vacation enclaves, regular checks and visible movement are needed.
When you’re not there, make sure your second home is safe with home watch services that:
- Checks your alarm weekly and acts as a contact in case of an incident.
- Removes flyers and other items from your mailbox to suggest a lived-in appearance.
- Checks and updates you on any extreme weather systems that could impact your property.
- Also conducts weekly inspections of your premises. Particular attention is paid to the exterior of your home for landscaping, pool cleanliness and equipment, insect infestation, and signs of water intrusion. On the interior, plumbing, water intrusion, electrical, air condition system, and appliance inspections are done.
- Starts and drives your vehicles and golf carts weekly and/or checks the battery charge.
If you have chosen to keep your vacation home for your own enjoyment, you want to maximize the experience. In other words, you expect to relax, recharge, and rejuvenate during your stay. You do not want to be bogged down with a litany of house maintenance chores that threaten to spoil the precious time available to enjoy yourself.
One of the pitfalls of owning a vacation home is that any non-primary abode is vulnerable to wear and tear. Add to that a balmy tropical climate and seaside location, and the effort required soars.
If you would prefer to unwind with family and friends than fix a dripping faucet, repair the roof, or mow the lawn, then you know why property and estate management services are not just for property rentals! Utilizing home maintenance services gives you the freedom to focus on the finer things in life while leaving the chores in the capable hands of licensed, bonded, and insured professionals. Additionally, an established management team will ensure that the workmen who enter your premises have been thoroughly vetted and approved.
Some of the most sought-after services include:
- Handyman services like home repairs, hurricane prep and repair, pressure washing, landscape light installation and repairs, washer/dryer, wine cooler and other appliance repairs, plumbing maintenance and more.
- Cleaning services including interior house cleaning, laundry, upholstery cleaning, and window washing.
- Outdoor maintenance such as garden and lawn maintenance, pool and spa upkeep, and pest control.
- We can even arrange a limousine to shuttle you to and from the airport, to stock up on your favorite groceries before you arrive, and catering services if you want to entertain.
Are you now convinced that your Palm Beach County, FL non-rental properties need the dedicated skills of a property management services company to ensure that it stays in tiptop condition? Then get in touch with Florida Estate Management Services for a free quote today.